What ensues after the funeral
The death certificate is issued within thirty days after the funeral in the registry office at the place of death (not at the deceased’s place of residence)
- The ordering party normally receives the death certificate by registered mail
- The registrar will also cancel the pension as well as health and social security insurance
The notary public is appointed by the the Court in accordance with the place of residence of the deceased. The notary will send the summons to the client within approximately 2 months.
The urn can be picked up from the office from where you ordered the funeral within two to three weeks of the funeral
- By prior arrangement the urn may be picked up from the second working day
- The urn will be handed over to the client or other authorised person upon presentation of an identity card or other means of identification
The handling of urn for reasons such as the division of the ashes, memorial jewellery, memorial glass, scattering of the ashes, pouring, bidding farewell to the urn, placing it in the grave can be be arranged at all our branches.
Bereaved persons entitlements
Time off with no loss of wages
On the death of a family member working days with no corresponding loss of wages or salary are granted by law as follows:
- 2 days upon the death of a spouse, partner or the child and a further day to attend the funeral of these persons
- 1 day to attend the funeral of the parents and siblings of an employee, the parents and siblings of his spouse, such as the spouse of the child or the spouse of the sibling of the employee and a further day if the employee is taking care of the funeral of these persons
- The time necessary, but not exceeding one day, to participate at the funeral of the grandparent or grandson of an employee or the grandparent of the spouse or another person other than mentioned above but who was living together with the employee at the time of death and a further day if the employee is taking care of the funeral of these persons
- A day off work for the funeral arrangement for the person ordering the funeral
You will receive an apology note for absence when ordering a funeral at one of our branches.
Widow’s and orphan’s pensions
The applicant has a right to a pension from the Department of Social Security.
The application for a widow’s or widower’s pension is submitted along with:
- The ID of the surviving spouse
- Marriage certificate (original)
- The death certificate of the spouse or registered partner (original)
- The last pension entitlement of the spouse or registered partner
- The last pension entitlement of the surviving spouse
If the deceased was in employment, the surviving spouse is entitled to a pension from the deceased’s employer.
The application for an orphan’s pension is submitted along with:
- The ID document of the applicant
- Birth certificate of the child (original)
- Confirmation of the child’s school, college or university attendance
- Death certificate (original)
State contribution - funeral grant
A right to a funeral grant goes to the person who arranged for the funeral:
- To a child who was, at the time of death, a dependant minor
- To a person who was a parent of a dependant minor at the time of death, if the child had a permanent residency in the Czech Republic
At the State Benefits Department in the Social Security office nearest the place of permanent residence of the person ordering the funeral, the claimant (person ordering the funeral) fills in the form “Application for Funeral Grant“, which is granted in the amount of 5,000 CZK.
- Death certificate
- Procurement contract (Funeral order - invoice)
- Proof of payment for the funeral
- ID document of the person ordering the funeral
Changing of marital status on the ID document
This amendment is made by the personal documents department at the town hall or municipal office nearest the place of residence. You will receive a new ID document within a period of 30 days.
Your application for a new state ID document should be submitted along with:
- Your original state ID document
- The death certificate (original)
Due to the frequent legislative changes it is necessary to verify the above information on claims with the relevant authorities.