You may keep the urn safely with us for up to 6 months free of charge. If you do not claim the urn after this time, we will be entitled to charge the cost of placing the urn in a common grave.
Bereaved persons entitlements
Time off with no loss of wages
On the death of a family member working days with no corresponding loss of wages or salary are granted by law as follows:
- 2 days upon the death of a spouse, partner or the child and a further day to attend the funeral of these persons
- 1 day to attend the funeral of the parents and siblings of an employee, the parents and siblings of his spouse, such as the spouse of the child or the spouse of the sibling of the employee and a further day if the employee is taking care of the funeral of these persons
- The time necessary, but not exceeding one day, to participate at the funeral of the grandparent or grandson of an employee or the grandparent of the spouse or another person other than mentioned above but who was living together with the employee at the time of death and a further day if the employee is taking care of the funeral of these persons
- A day off work for the funeral arrangement for the person ordering the funeral
You will receive an apology note for absence when ordering a funeral at one of our branches.
Widow’s and orphan’s pensions
The applicant has a right to a pension from the Department of Social Security.
State contribution - funeral grant
A right to a funeral grant goes to the person who arranged for the funeral:
- To a child who was, at the time of death, a dependant minor
- To a person who was a parent of a dependant minor at the time of death, if the child had a permanent residency in the Czech Republic
At the State Benefits Department in the Social Security office nearest the place of permanent residence of the person ordering the funeral, the claimant (person ordering the funeral) fills in the form “Application for Funeral Grant“, which is granted in the amount of 5,000 CZK.